Saturday 13 November 2010

London Citizens- the Bengali ConnectionCitizens UK

While attending Digital Activism at MRCF, i listened to an inspiring presentation by Jessica Kennedy of West London Citizens, who explained the positive changes they have been part of and that they are a part of London Citizens which is in turn part of Citizens UK.
Having heard that they did a lot of work in Tower Hamlets , where my second  “adopted me “Muslim family/community are from, I decided to ask about London Citizens  from my Bengali family.
I went to Ummrah Pilgrimage to Saudia Arabia last year with Ibrahim College, who teach Arabic and Islamic Studies in East London. They told me the College is  a part of London Citizens; who are very demanding in a positive way, mashallah (as God would have it be) and recommend that    I link up with a feisty assertive hijaabi Bengali sister who works for London Citizens. I need to ask Jessica who she is and interview her. I am part of the filming making process there this week for Migrant Refugees Communities Forum at the  5th Anniversary Event of West London Citizens in Hammersmith.
So should you have a passion to make a positive change for London, come and join us,
5th Anniversary Assembly
West London Citizens
19.00 to 21.00
Thursday 18th November 2010
Hammersmith Town Hall
Kings Street
Hammersmith
W6 7JU
 For more info email
Tel: 0203 355 6508
  

1 comment:

  1. How did you like the event? Did you think it was an effective way of engaging with politicians and others in power?

    ReplyDelete